17 June 2017

British Houses


Linocut sent by Alan (the UK), showing an old pub in Wivenhoe.




Postcard sent by Laura (the UK). Watercolour of Conquest House in Canterbury It is one of the oldest buildings in Canterbury. Famous for its 1066 undercroft and its historical association with St Thomas Beckett and the four knights, it also features a 17th century royal mural and carvings. Now it is an art gallery.

I added this pots to Postcards for the Weekend. This week's theme is Historic Site/Building.

6 comments:

  1. These are nice cards.
    I admit, I am addicted to those BBC house buying shows - A Place in the Country, Escape to the Country and Location, Location, Location - just to see these old homes and quaint villages and exciting city neighbourhoods.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think houses are really important for Britons. I don't see that programs often, but they can be very entertaining.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous18 June, 2017

    i like the stark contrast in the first and the warmth and minimalist approach to the second. Very nice. I'd mat, frame, and hang both if they were mine. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree they are worth framing. Especially Alan's work.

      Delete
  3. These two postcards make me really want to go back to explore more of UK. I love seeing old houses and villages that have seen a lot in their lifetime. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I receive a lot of postcards from the UK, and every time I feel like going there!

      Delete

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.