14 September 2014

Cars on Stamps

Te theme chosen for Sunday Stamps this week is Automobiles and Motor Transport. I thought it was impossible to find more cars on stamps after this and this posts. But I have recently got more cars...


This is a postcard sent by John (UK), a bit damaged on way. It was issued by Royal Mail on 13 January 2009. It was reproduced from a stamp designed by HGV and featuring photography by Jason Tozer of a Mini.

The postcard arrived with this matched stamp of a Ford Anglia 105E on its back:



And then for two very different cars received last week from the USA:

7 comments:

  1. Gotta love the mini! I bought a few of those mini sheets which have the Anglia police car, but I haven't been able to part with them yet :).
    A lovely selection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've shown the Mini as well, but don't have the stamps; I'm looking for the Anglia too. I shall have to get my daughter looking for the two from the USA. You have added to my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting stamps from the USA. Thank you for joining in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There seem to be a lot car stamps lately.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Anglia Police car!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Usually I'm not a big car fan, but now that I see them on small stamps I like them a lot!
    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The 'cars the star' approach seems to be common on stamp design. Must admit I prefered the 'workhorse' miniature sheet that the police car is from and bought quite a few.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.