13 May 2016

David de Kabouter


Sent to Heleen (the Netherlands). I drew the gnome on the envelope; the postcard was bought.

David el Gnomo is a Spanish animated TV series, very famous in the eighties. David and his family were among my favourite characters on books, too. (Gnomes, Smurfs... I was very fond of little beings!)

I was shocked when I discovered that David was actually Dutch! The books were written by the Dutch author Wil Huygen and illustrator Rien Poortvliet (though they claimed that they were written by a Gnome called David).

(By the way, the little letter carrier that I drew is not David, but his chubby cousin!)

5 comments:

  1. This is a bit like my surprise when I found out that the Magic Roundabout was originally French, and not English. My childhood was built on deception!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I was surprised that there has been a movie of David de Kabouter (= the Gnome)!.. I knew the illustrations and have seen some books but I totally have missed the tv series!..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for this wonderful mail & mail carrier, Eva!!

      Delete
    2. I don't know the film, but the animated series was a big success in the 80s, sure! Now my nieces read my books about David and the life of gnomes.

      Delete

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.