05 July 2015

Hollókő Postamúzeum


This postcard was sent by Ania (Hungary). It shows a Post Museum in the village of Hollókő (which is in the World Heritage List of UNESCO). The sender was sorry because the postcard was not exactly sent from the village. But anyway, they was a very special rubber stamp on the back:


Some of the stamps matched very well with the postcard, do not you think so? They were issued on September 19, 1997, to commemorate the Stamp Day.



This is also a post for Sunday Stamps II. Today's topic is post boxes or postal themed. Of course, an always favourite!

18 comments:

  1. Beautiful stamps! And great theme! Indeed one of the bif favourites :-)
    Alas I don't have much time nowadays, not sure if I'll be able to sit at my desktop to scan stamps to join today's Sunday Stamps... At least I'll enjoy (and are enjoying) the stamps of all who contribute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't contribute every week (especially in the summer), but I enjoy contributions anyway.

      Delete
  2. Those stamps are fantastic. They remind me of the type of drawing you see on vintage postcards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are not as old as they seem. I love the drawing and the colour.

      Delete
  3. Yes, I agree, fabulous stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am very curious about the bottom stamp!! What is the purpose of the crank?
    Nice cancellation, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is not the cancellation, but a rubber stamp from the post museum, where the postcard was bought. Still nice!

      Delete
  5. Great stamps. I wonder whether the crank franks the stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow I would love to have a go at that crank. It fascinated me so much (and as you helpfully mentioned the year) I looked it up - described as "registered letter receiving machine 1906". Who knew! Great combination of card and stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great stamps and a great card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, the stamps are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.