15 February 2013

Mail a Smile


Mail a Smile (what a beautiful name!) is a mail project hold by two friends: Micu from Budapest (Hungary) and Jennie from Stockholm (Sweden).
The aim of the project is to send smiles to people in need, with the help of artistically decorated envelopes and letters. By doing this, we not only do something good for a fellow being, but also get to use our imagination and creativity while doing it.
How can you participate? There are some challenges posted in their blog and announced in their newsletter. Each challenge have a theme and a guideline that can be interpreted freely. For instance, the first one is Woodland animals. So you make your mail art and you send it. You are still on time! But do not forget to take a picture before sending, for it could be uploaded to the challenge gallery!

You can find out more about the project by visiting the Mail a Smile site.


6 comments:

  1. Dear Eva, Thanks for the mention, I really appreciate it. BR, micu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Your project has at least one more contribution now!

      Delete
  2. What a great idea, thanks for attracting our attention to this project, Eva!
    I just posted my contribution - although I might have interpreted this theme too freely: the Woodland Animals in my case are 1) a very tiny slimy one (on the envelope) and 2) some flying ones, who not necessary live in the woods...
    My English isn't good enough to immediately know what 'woodland animals' are, so maybe I should have an other try (as animals of course are one of my most favourite subjects to draw :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this project, and I hope they will got a lot of participants. I've seen your mail art in the gallery. As usual, it is fantastic!

      My English and yours are not so far away, I'm afraid. The first time I read "woodland animals" I thought: "Animals made of wood? What a strange theme for mail art!". :D

      Delete
  3. This is a very interesting project! I wanna join, but not now, perhaps in March! Thanks for introducing this project on your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you can join any time. Or maybe you could participate in the next challenge. I love the "Mail a Smile" blog & project!

      Delete

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.